Sunday, December 13, 2015

Hermana Knowles (9 Nov 15)

Hoooolllllaaaaaa que hay.

Pues, this week was definitely not as crazy as the last (luckily, I
wouldn't be able to handle that) haha but nevertheless it was a good
week. And I was able to learn a lot.

The week started out with pday and consejo! Since we had to travel to
Málaga, and we had car this time, we decided to stop by Ronda for our
pday on the way! It was just as beautiful as when I saw it almost a
year ago! Then we got to the mission home, ate dinner, and started our
consejo. It was great! We talked about a lot of topics, and focused
especially on ways that we can plan better.
Tuesday morning we got up and ate breakfast at the mission home, and
president called me in to his office. Our new president says that he
likes to call missionaries to be leaders as they are a little younger
in the mish, and then as their last few transfers, send them to open
an new area or train, which is a little different than our last
president. But he thanked me for all my work as a SHE, (STL) and said
he had a new assignment for me! That I would be opening up an area in
Alcalá de Guadaíra!! A pueblo of Sevilla. I'm super excited because
I've always wanted to go to Sevilla, and this area has never had
Hermanas before. I'll be going with hermana Vigo, who I've only met
once or twice. So I'm excited! I'm also a little nervous because
opening an area can be a little hard at first.
Every transfer I've been pushed a little more. After my first
transfer, my trainer left and I had to take over the area, I was
scared beyond belief! Then right out of my training, I went to go
finish the training of an hermana, then train a brand new missionary.
And then I was called to be a SHE, and halfway through we white washed
an area! And all that time I thought "well, that's gonna be hard, but
at least I don't have to open an area." Hahaha but look where I am
now. But I am also very excited! So this Wednesday I head there!
This week has been great! We've taught the most lessons we've taught!
We were also able to do some more service, and say some hard
goodbyes:( so we have this great new investigator named Richard who's
from the Dominican Republic. We had a couple lessons with him this
week, and he is progressing great! He's been reading, and guess what,
he came to church yesterday!!!:):) and loved it! He also became
friends with some of the recent converts:) we also set a baptismal
date with him for the 28th of November. I'm so excited for him!
As for other investigators, we don't have to many haha. We had found
Richard through another investigator of ours, and he is progressing a
little, but not as much. Poco a poco!
Sunday was great, we had an inv at church, and ran from house to house
saying goodbye to members and eating A LOT of food! And we have two
more days full of farewell citas! Woo!

We also had my last intercambio as a she with the San Fernando
Hermanas. It went great, except that the hermana that came here with
me had accidentally brought their keys for the piso! So we had to go
back there that night and bring the keys, and just ended up staying
overnight haha. Then we had zone meeting the next day.

Hope you have a great week! I'll let you know how my first week in
Alcalá is! :)
Con cariño,
Hermana knowles

Mosiah 3:19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from
the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to
the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and
becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and
becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love,
willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict
upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

I have been working to fight off the natural man, it is a process that
we all have to go through. I have a lot of imperfections, and a lot of
things that I need to work on. But we must conquer the natural man and
become a saint through the atonement of Christ.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment