Sunday, December 13, 2015

Alyssa email (7 Sep 15)

Heyyy fam!

Well hey, it's been a better week! I've had some of the most spiritual experiences that that I've had in a while. And I've been trying to be more positive about whatever changes come our way. Haha it may not have been what we wanted or we may not understand why, but the Lords ways are higher than our ways. Ah! I love the mission. I love being able to learn things on this smaller scale that will help me throughout the rest of my life. Missions are the best. :)

Well, we did not switch areas yet! But when we went to consejo this last week we talked with president, and we will be switching everything this Wednesday! But at least it gave us a little more time haha:)

So Monday, we did the normal drill for consejo and woke up at 4:45 am to catch the train to Málaga! And we had just a little bit of time to do email, and then we all headed to the mission office to help them move offices to an office two floors down. It definitely took all the effort of the 20 or so missionaries that went! Haha. And then we headed up to the mission home, ate some really good burritos, and started our consejo. And it was so good! I felt the spirit super strong. So what happens is that they normally assign people to give certain talleres (talk/workshop?) and thats what we discuss. One thing that it seemed to be our focus was the Book of Mormon. But no one was assigned to speak on that, but everything always came back to it! So that is was this we took back and applied into our areas.

Every lesson we had after that was focused on the Book of Mormon. It really is so powerful, and the convincing evidence and most powerful tool that we have! The other day we were teaching a lesson to Jose, and he started out with a couple doubts. But we spoke powerfully of the Book of Mormon, and his attitude changed! He accepted to be baptized on the 19th of this month. Ahh it was so powerful!

On Friday we went to Cádiz for zone meeting, and it was so good! Hermana Hurtado and I gave a taller about working with members, and things that we can do to serve them better. I think I've said this before but it's good to remember.. "Missionaries are full time teachers, members are full time finders." So, all you faithful members, remember that! This work would not be anything without the members. And we are here to help them:) we also talked again about the Book of Mormon, and about being more Christlike missionaries. We definitely left fortalecidos!

And the after the zone meeting, the senior couple serving here made us Mac and cheese and hot dogs and we had American soda! I've missed some good ol Mac and cheese. I was happy:) and afterwards our train we were supposed to take was cancelled, so we were stuck there for a while! Haha

We also had intercambios this week with the Hermanas from Cádiz! Hermana butler came here to Jerez with me, and we had a great intercambio! She's a newer missionary that's still learning Spanish (well, we all still are but you understand) and we went to teach our African investigators. And it was so great! They would get distracted super easily, but as soon as she started to talk, they stopped and leaned forward in their seats and listened attentively. Haha itmwas kinda funny but super sweet! And They were helping her with her Spanish, and seemed really interested in what she was saying. It was so cool! Haha I love our Africans.

Well, it's going to be a crazy week getting everything moved, and trying to learn a new area. Wish us luck!! :)

Love you all! Thanks for everything! Have a great week! 


Con amor, hermana knowles 


“I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and He has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my words His words and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done. To say what He wants said. To be a living witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work. How great is my calling!” 

I love this quote! And I love being a missionary. Even through all the ups and downs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment