Sunday, October 19, 2014

One Month!






Hola! 
I have no idea how the heck it is already pday again.. Time is so weird here!! Days feel so long but the weeks flyyyy by! Oh. I have been here for exactly one month! And in less than two weeks i will be out in the field…. WHAT. 
So, there are a LOT of  things that i have learned in my first month in the mission and at the MTC, and here are a few…
#1 Missions are the hardest, but most rewarding thing in the world. I am absolutely loving it here! We spend 10 hours in class everyday, and run off little sleep, but honestly, it is the best thing i have ever done.
#2 Russians love two things.. nutella and whipped cream. And they put in on everything. And LOTS of it. Haha. Also do not ever play dodgeball with them. Its terrifying. Same with basketball, or really any sport. I LOVE THE RUSSIANS. 
#3 Peanut butter is our saving grace here. The food is even worse than the caf at byuh (which is saying a lot). 
#4 There are 3 universal languages.. love, food, and charades. (and the spirit. For sure) 
#5 i think i brought too many clothes (yes mom, you were right. hahah) its been a month and i am still wearing new things almost everday! I guess its not such a bad thing though right?
#6 your ability and capacity to love grows so much as a Missionary! I have so much love for people! For my comp, my district, my teachers, and random people on the Street! And i just want to help them all!
#7 General conference is like christmas for missionaries. So is receiving letters ;)
#8 There is no such thing as personal time on a mission. 
#9 Spaniards are the most beautiful and kind people i have ever seen! I am so excited to get out of this building  and serve them! 
#10 When you are doing the Lords work, He will bless you ten fold for everything that you are sacrificing. I was struggling so much when i first got to the MTC, and it was really hard for me! For about the first week or so. And then i was called to be an STL, and i had no idea how i was going to serve and comfort all these others sisters when i needed it so much myself. But the amazing thing is that since then, i have had no troubles with learning the language, no moments of dispair, or stress, or anger, or anything of that sort. I have honestly been so blessed! And because of that i have been able to focus on others instead of myself. I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED. And i know that when you turn to the Lord, that he will help you through anything, and that he will bless you in so many ways. 
#11 i think i have an even worse memory than before, because i cant remember all the other things i wanted to say (oopsies) (hahaha hermana Lee is my favorite, and she has gotten our whole district to say oopsies. I love her) 
#12 I HAVE THE BEST COMPANERA IN THE WORLD. 
#13 Everyday feels the same. I never know what day of the week it is  or what the date is or what year in even is. (except that last one is always true for me.)
Anyways, i am doing great and loving my mission! And i am so excited to get out to the field in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. Love you all! 
Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador  yyRedento , y que Dios es nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial. Yo se que Thomas S Monson es un profeta llamado de Dios. Yo se que las familias son eternas. Este conocimiento nos ayuda a vivir feliz. 

Hermana Knowles


No comments:

Post a Comment