Sunday, December 21, 2014

My trainer "died" off. I have a new companion


Pues.. My mom died this last week. It was just her time. We held a beautiful service and the park by our piso. Many a tears were shed. Hahaha but seriously. My trainer “died” (and my half-sister too.. stupid feet of hers!!) She was the best trainer I could have possibly had! and I miss her and Hermana Andrus lots! 

Anyways, I have a new comp!! Her name is Hermana Perez and she is from Uruguay and she is awesome!! (a little quiet.) But she is so sweet. And the great thing is she speaks really good English! Que bendición! But, we speak mostly in Spanish, which is really good for me. My Spanish has come a long way!! 

Well, it was a bit of a rough week for me. Taking over an area is hard, especially when I’m still trying to figure out how to be a missionary. So our first night was rough and no one was home!! It’s gotten a bit better these last two days though. But it’s an adjustment! Just a bit stressful for me. 

Funny story of the week. We locked ourselves out of our piso this last week. haha so one of the things about spain is that you need a key to get in or out of a door (you lock it with a key from the inside.) make sense? Anyways we left the key inside on accident. So we tried all these ways to break in, and had the elders come help, and tried everything and it didn’t work. So we eventually called a locksmith and he came and did the same exact thing we had tried. It took him 2 minutes and we paid him 50 euros.. haha so dumb!!! 

Cool story from last night.. Again all of our plans had fired on us so we decided to drop by Andrea and Sebastian to see how they were doing, and at their home was this reference that Andrea had given us earlier! So we taught him about the Book of Mormon, and then she pulled out the restoration video we had given them and we watched that too. It was so cool! We asked him if he believed it could be true, and he said anything was possible with God. And we asked him if he would pray to know the Book of Mormon was true, and he said he would pray after every verse :) so cool!! We are having a FHE with them tonight, so I am very excited for that:)

Remember to watch and to share the video "He is the Gift." It’s such a great opportunity to share what Christmas is really all about, and to celebrate the greatest gift that God has given us. Christ is central to everything that we believe and everything that we have. I love being a missionary at this time of year, and having the opportunity to bring others unto Christ. 

Hope you all have a great Christmas season! Thank you for the letters and the emails and the love :)

Les quiero! 
Hermana Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment